HDF Canada has sponsored various projects under our Education, Health and Sustainable Environment programs for nearly a decade. To promote education among the less privileged communities, the sponsored projects of HDF Canada have included HDF schools in Rahim Yar Khan, Karachi, Mardan and Tando Muhammad Khan Regions where the current enrollment has reached around 1600 students.
HDF Canada has also played a part in developing health infrastructure for marginalized communities and in providing them access to health services through supporting the development of CHC buildings, one each in Islamabad and Tando Muhammad Khan. Over 1600 patients have been treated under OPD in both health centres during 2017.
Furthermore, in 2017 the HDF Canada funded projects which increased access of people to safe drinking water. The projects include installation of water filtration plants in Rahim Yar Khan and Tando Muhammad Khan Regions. A water filtration plant has been successfully installed in a Government High School in Rahim Yar Khan, while installation of the other in Madina Colony is still in progress. Moreover, installation of a filtration plant at a HDF Secondary School in Tando Muhammad Khan is also currently in progress.
Since 2008, HDF Canada has sponsored projects ranging from construction of school buildings in Tando Muhammad Khan, Zhob and Islamabad to introduction of Dr. Abdus Salam Scholarship. The funded projects also include installation of hand pumps in HDF program areas.
List of HDF Canada sponsored Projects:
- Construction of HDF Community Health Center Rahim Yar Khan
- Construction of Community Health Center Mardan
- Construction of HDF Secondary School Kapoor Mori Tando Muhammad Khan
- Construction of HDF Secondary School Kalya Islamabad
- Construction of HDF Secondary School Mirwas Mardan
- Construction of HDF Secondary School Nasirabad Zhob
- Construction of HDF Primary School 99-1L Rahim Yar Khan
- Construction of Housing Units in Basti Makora Rahim Yar Khan
- Dr Abdus Salam Scholarship
- Installation of Hand Pumps
- School Health Program